On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 04:16:26AM +0200, Sven Guckes wrote:
> * [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-10-09 14:19]:
> > I am having a problem using patterns with mail on an IMAP server.
>
> hmm?  are there any special patterns for use with IMAP servers?

Sorry I was not clear.  I ment to say that the pattern does not work
when the mail is on an IMAP server but it does work if I get my mail
from a pop server.

> > I believe the problem is that mutt does not fetch the headers from
> > the IMAP server and thus is not able to match patterns against
> > them.  Here is what I am trying to do.  I want to move all my mail
> > from the linux kernel mailing list, so I run the mutt macro:
> >
> >   T~elinux-kernel
> >
> > However, instead of tagging all the mail from the linux-kernel
> > mailing list, it only tags the messages I have already read.
>
> try this pattern instead then:
>
>     T ~C linux-kernel

This pattern works.  Thanks for fixing my problem!

I am still courious as to why the T~elinux-kernel only works after I
have read the message, but now its an academic problem rather than
a practicle one.

Thanks again,

Jim