On 11/09/07 15:16, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know how to use w3mimgdisplay to display images on the terminal (or if its even possible)? I'm hoping to be able to put it in my mailcap so that when I view an attached image, it'll display it on the terminal.

I've gotten as far as understanding that it has an input command language, so I can query the size of the image, like so:

    echo '5;./test.jpg' | w3mimgdisplay

And I *believe* the command to display an image looks something like this:

    echo '0;1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;./test.jpg' | w3mimgdisplay

But as of yet, I haven't actually gotten it to display anything. Does anyone have any clues? Are there some magic incantations that must be performed first? Image-specific numbers that must be generated? What's the trick?

~Kyle

Have a look at this link:
http://www.df7cb.de/projects/mutt/x-face/

Is it what you looking for?