Hello,

I'm running mutt on Cygwin (v. 1.5). I'm using the standard packages
version supplied by Cygwin, 1.4.2.2i. My mail directory is Maildir
mounted on a managed partition to cope with the naming convention.
My Windows system is XP.

My mailboxes command is supplied absolute paths:

find ~/Maildir -type d -name cur -printf '%h '

My maildir hierarchy has a reasonably involved tree structure, but each
actual directory is a leaf so they only have tmp, new & cur directories.

The mail is delivered by procmail.

The new mail is marked within the folders, eg if new mail arrives in
the current directory, it gets marked as new and mutt tells me it's
there. New mail in other directories is marked as new when I viist it,
but the directory is not marked, and none of the switch to dirs with
new mail commands work.

I've done a lot of searching on this and not found any answer. Though
I've seen others with similar issues, I've not yet seen anything that
resolves mine.

I'm guessing that this could be something to do with Cygwin and the
managed mount, but as I'm not sure what mutt does to check for mail
in the new dir, I don't know how to check this. I don't know C (well
enough) to check in the code.

Is anyone else using this set-up or know what issues or settings to
look at? I realise I might need to take this across to Cygwin to
resolve but thought I should make sure I've not got any mutt settings
wrong and/or work out what mutt needs, first.

cheers,
Adam
--
"...one cannot be angry when one looks at a penguin."
                                        - John Ruskin