> Thanks for all your help, I'll check on the Cygwon list and see if
> anyone else has this set-up working. It'll be something to compare
> against if they do.
>
> I'll post back here if/when I find anything else out.

Just to update this, that I got no response from the Cygwin list, so it's
still an issue. However, I'll be moving to Linux in the next month or so, so
I've stopped looking into it and use a combination of mailstat an Popfile
listing to monitor email, while important stuff uses a notifier. It's not
great, but gets the job done.

cheers,
Adam

--
"...one cannot be angry when one looks at a penguin."
                                        - John Ruskin