On Tuesday, June  9 at 06:51 PM, quoth Christoph Ludwig:
> I am in a similar situation as Chris: I need to monitor several IMAP
> mailboxes, some of them on Exchange server. I'd therefore need to
> provide a list of imaps-URLs to the mailboxes command. So far the
> manual is clear.
>
> However, I have somewhat "strange" usernames. For instance, on one server in
> the Windows domain "COMPANY" I have an account "christoph" that's associated
> with the mailbox "christoph.ludwig". Exchange expects me therefore to log on
> with the IMAP username "COMPANY/christoph/christoph.ludwig".
>
> Due to the '/', I cannot put the username into the imaps-URL.

Have you tested that, or are you assuming that? I'm asking because I
*think* mutt takes everything up to either a semicolon or the last @
symbol as the username. For example, I put my username in as
u...@memoryhole.net@imap.memoryhole.net without trouble. Granted, my
username doesn't have slashes in it, but I don't see why the slashes
would cause trouble (other than maybe general slash and period bugs).

> That's no problem as long as I want to check only one IMAP server
> with such a username as I then simply set imap_user accordingly and
> state the "simple" usernames explicitly as part of the imaps-URL on
> the remaining accounts. It is not obvious (to me), though, how to
> deal with several IMAP accounts that have such usernames.

Well, the other way to do it with mutt is to use account-hooks. For
example:

     account-hook imap://exchange.server 'set
imap_user=COMPANY/christoph/christoph.ludwig'
     mailboxes imap://exchange.server/INBOX imap://exchange.server/from_boss

For details, check out the manual's description of "account-hook"
(keep in mind that account-hooks trigger at unexpected times, so you
don't want to do anything in them that doesn't have to do with
contacting that account).

~Kyle
- --
Art, I suppose, is only for beginners, who have made up in their minds
to be content with symbols rather than with what they signify, with
the elegantly composed recipe in lieu of actual dinner.
                                                       -- Aldous Huxley