* Kevin Kammer <mephi...@fastmail.net> [10-30-09 02:15]:
> :set &charset ?charset
> charset="utf-8"
>
> Mutt seems to match the rest of the system, but it still doesn't do
> case-insensitive regex. However, if I invoke mutt with:
>

>From the Fine Manual:

1. Regular Expressions

   All string patterns in Mutt including those in more complex patterns
   must be specified using regular expressions (regexp) in the "POSIX
   extended" syntax (which is more or less the syntax used by egrep and
   GNU awk). For your convenience, we have included below a brief
   description of this syntax.

   The search is case sensitive if the pattern contains at least one
   upper case letter, and case insensitive otherwise.

...  There is more

Please be considerate and wrap you lines at >78 chars.