* Rem P Roberti <remeg...@comcast.net> [12-17-09 19:44]:

> > Sounds like a lot of problems.  Why are you "manually" installing
> > packages when you have apps specifically designed to handle the
> > dependency problems you are having?
>
> Good question. This is a FreeBSD box and I have never had to do this
> before.
>
> > What system are you on and how are you installing?
> > What dependencies were missing?
>
> divipsk-tetex and open-motif. There may have been one more.

I don't understand open-motif, but ????

> > You may need to "reinstall" lp/cups (my lp* cmds are provided by
> > cups-client).
> >
> > what does "lpstat -a" yield?
> lpstat -a yields "Photosmart7760 accepting requests since Dec 11 12:21:13
> 2009"

and you have in ~/.muttprintrc:
  PRINTER="Photosmart7760"
  PRINT_COMMAND="lpr -P$PRINTER"

I suspect after re-reading your previous reply that the error msg:
  Line 759: Could not print with lpr -Plp
  No such file or directory
indicates you failed to include the "$" in:
  PRINT_COMMAND="lpr -P$PRINTER"
or the quotation marks.

Please review.

gud luk,