On 20100409_103212, Michael Elkins wrote:
> Paul,
>
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 08:42:06AM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > A group of my personal friends have an informal mailing list in which
> > each member has a long list of the email addresses that they use as
> > the Cc: list for their emails to the group. When I use 'g' the Cc:
> > list is truncated to 255 characters. Is there some way that I can get
> > mutt 'g' to handle a longer list for Cc:?
>
> It was unclear from your message exactly where the problem lies.  Are
> you seeing the address list truncated in the compose menu?  I do see
> that Mutt truncates the *display* of the address list at 255 chars, but

I have a 1280x1080 flat screen, and to discover the problem I ran a xterm
with font size 6. It was a test, not my normal way of reading mail.

The display of the mail prior to attempting to replay spreads the Cc: list
over many lines using the <new-line><tab> continuation convention.

> the actual list may be longer.  I'm guessing not many people use
> terminals that wide, which is why nobody has mentioned this before.
>
> As an aside, you can use 'set edit_headers' and Mutt will include the
I think this is what I want. Thanks.

Note added in proof: This email is my first use of this feature. It is
what I need. Thanks again.

--
Paul E Condon
pecon...@mesanetworks.net