0n Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 01:56:51PM +0200, Sebastian Tramp wrote:

    >Is searching / indexing with mairix state of the art or is there a
    >better solution available? I am quite happy with that, just wanted to
    >ask ;-).

There is also nmzmail (only for Maildir though) - I actually thought many users
switched from mairix to nmzmail.

   nmzmail is a tool to use the namazu2 search engine from within a mail
   reader such as mutt to search mail stored in maildir folders. Based on
   the result of the namazu query, nmzmail generates a maildir folder
   containing symbolic links to the mails matching the query. Mutt and
   other mail readers can make it easy to use nmzmail with a simple
   macro.

   Features:
   * fast mail searching even with large number of mails
   * incremental index building
   * rich query language including regular expressions (see the namazu
     documentation)
   * integrates nicely into mutt
   * query history

   WWW: http://www.ecademix.com/JohannesHofmann/nmzmail.html

 -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence and is
subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have
received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and
delete the email.