Am 18.07.2011 16:17, schrieb Jostein Berntsen:
On 18.07.11,13:27, Christoph P.U. Kukulies wrote:
Am 18.07.2011 12:20, schrieb Christian Brabandt:
On Mon, July 18, 2011 9:45 am, Christoph P.U. Kukulies wrote:
Hi.
I'm running Mutt 1.5.20 (2009-06-14) under Ubuntu and was wondering why
mutt couldn't cope with
some mail I got, containing an attachment, named winmail.dat (MS Outlook).

Mutt wasn't able to unpack the two JPG files that were packed into that
winmail.dat container.
I asked the friend to send the same email to another account where I hat
thunderbird (5.0) and I was able to
see the attachments (JPGs) without seeing something of winmail.dat at all.

Also forwarding the mail from mutt to the other account didn't help. I
then saw a winmail.dat
as an attachment and TB didn't know what to do with it.
->    I     1<no description>             [text/plain, quoted,
iso-8859-1, 0,2K]
     A     2 winmail.dat                        [applica/ms-tnef,
base64, 5,5M]

Thanks, hope you don't mind me sending this back to the list.

I got this "tnef"-package. What would now be the steps to make mutt
to recognize an attachment
named winmail.dat and use"tnef" to unpack it and show me the
attachments when I "v" the email.

At present it looks like this:
->    I     1<no description>             [text/plain, quoted,
iso-8859-1, 0,2K]
      A     2 winmail.dat                        [applica/ms-tnef,
base64, 5,5M]

I'd rather have it look like showing the IM000xx.JPG files or whatever
winmail.dat is hiding to me.

Try the steps listed for mutt and mailcap setup in the manual:

http://linux.die.net/man/1/tnef

Jostein

Thanks. It works now. It's still this winmail.dat being displayed but when I type "v", I'm
prompted for extracting the contents.

--
Christoph