* Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> [111030 13:12]:
<..>
> For images etc I have a more complex script:
>
>   http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/apphelper
  Got it.

> which offers to view the attachment and also to save it, since I find
> the "open viewer, quit, ask to save" rigmarole tedious.
>
> It has a million switches (which you can put in $APPHELPER_PREOPTS to
> set default behaviour). Manual page here:
>
>   http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/manuals/apphelper.1.html
 Looking at it.
> Since apphelper finds the file viewer by consulting the mailcap file
> I in fact keep two such files around: a plain mailcap and a mailcap-ah
> which has lines like:
>
>   image/jpg; ah %s xv; gui
>   image/jpg; iminfo %s; copiousoutput
>
> which I use with mutt.
>
> As you can see I run apphelper via a small wrapper script "ah", which I
> attach below. It runs apphelper with the autoview mode on and has some
> conveniences, such as using the output of `xclip -o` if no filename is
> specified so I can X11-copy a URL and then run ah.
  Got a lot of issues with ah->apphelper. But first I have to say
  1)I am new to darwin (OSX/Lion)
  2)Even tho' I have used linux steadily for 11 years and am a
  coder, I'm awful green when it comes to shell scripting.
  3)The paths defined by $PATH in the bash shell are considerably
    more complete than are inherited by mutt - and the same can be
        said of mc, as far as I can tell.
  From bash - linus:~ tim$ echo $PATH

/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin
  From mutt echo $PATH
    /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
  that is, where mutt is launched from iTerm2.

  So when I run /usr/local/bin/ah, the first thing I get is an error
  message about `rm' not being recognized. Well it ain't in $PATH,
  so I can give rm an absolute path. With that done and apphelper
  give its' full path, I'm now getting error messages with apphelper
  execute:
  the first was on
  mkdirn - command not recognized.
  I went thru your code and picked out a list of what I take to be
  commands, but don't appear to be shell commands (subcommands?).
  As follows:
  mkdirn
  withurl
  fixexts
  file2mime
  mailcap
  readline
  so... I'm guessing that if we solve the problem with mkdirn,
  others will fall in place?

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com