** Luis Mochan <moc...@fis.unam.mx> [2012-05-15 21:24]:
> Very recently I started having a curious situation when I open the
> html version of messages with mutt. My default browser is
> 'chrome'. Typically, in mutt I press 'v', I find the html message from
> the list, I press return and the message is displayed in a new window
> in my running 'chrome'. Nevertheless, I sometimes get the error
> message 'No webpage found for the web address:
> file:///tmp/mutt.html'. If I insist enough times, the message
> eventually is successfully displayed in my browser. My guess is that
> there is some kind of race condition which becomes apparent only when
> my computer is busy, as if the browser tries to read the temporal file before
> mutt finishes writing and closing it. My system is debian/stable and I
> am using the mutt package from the distribution. Any idea/suggestion will be
> appreciated.
** end quote [Luis Mochan]

A bit late to the party here, but I get the same with Chromium on Ubuntu. I
never have the same problem with Firefox though, and since I always get fed up
with Chromium quite quickly and go back to Firefox it doesn't worry me. It will
be interesting to have a play with the suggestions though. I've sort of assumed
it is down to the way Chrome handles it tabs and sub-processes compared to
Firefox - either passing off to another sub-process causing Mutt to delete the
file, or the first process trying to access the file too quickly. I've always
found the interface annoying on Chrome and, unlike many people I know, found it
slow and a bit of a memory hog compared to Firefox! I'm running more modern
hardware now, so perhaps time to see if that has switched the tables!

Registered in England  |  Company No: 4905028  |  Registered Office: