On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 04:15:49PM -0500, Luis Mochan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 01:38:21PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 06:56:19PM -0500, Luis Mochan wrote:
> > > I have used gmail from mutt occasionally using the attached rc
> > > file. Today I decided to clean my gmail account, deleting some
> > > messages and saving others in their corresponding folders
> > > under, for example =here or =there (under
> > > imaps://imap.gmail.com:993/). Things seemed to be working
> > > well. After saving each message, it was marked as Deleted from
> > > my INBOX. My problem is that when I expunged the messages from
> > > the INBOX, they also dissapeared from the folder to which I
> > > had copied them!
> >
> > You're going to need to tell us the exact keystrokes you're
> > pressing for us to be able to usefully comment.
>
> If I remember correctly (I haven't reproduced the problem) I typed
> s=mailbox<enter> to save a message,
> $ to purge the message, which had been marked with a D, from the INBOX
> c=mailbox<enter> to open the mailbox
> and the message seems to have disappeared.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I get it.

That's because you have trash= set to Google's Trash, which is how
you tell it that you want things purged forever.

So $ obeys the trash= variable, which trashes it completely.

If you drop trash= and use my macros instead for deleting, which
actually save to Trash instead of deleting, you should be fine.

-Robin