Jim Graham wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 03:54:48PM +1000, m...@raf.org wrote:
>
> I tried a few tests with it last night.  I used
>    my_hdr Content-Type: text/enriched
> in my ~/.muttrc, and tried a few simple tags (bold, underline, etc.) and
> the result was text with tags mixed in.....

check the email headers. i tried the above and the resulting email
still had the usual "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii"

to change the default content-type, put something like this in .muttrc:

  set content_type = "text/enriched; charset=us-ascii"

to edit the content-type manually, enter Ctrl-T when composing
a message (outside the editor).

> I'm using Mutt 1.5.21.  Oh well.  I was just trying to remember what it
> was, so that's covered.  I don't know why I remember it having a 4-letter
> acronym, though, unless I'm just remembering it wrong (which, after my
> first cancer, is ALWAYS a solid possibility).
>
> Thanks,
>    --jim

/etc/mime.types on debian doesn't mention any filename extensions
for text/enriched. that makes sense. it only ever existed inside
mail messages, not in separate files with their own extensions.

cheers,
raf