[ David Champion Wrote On Sun 25.Nov'12 at  2:00:08 GMT ]

> * On 24 Nov 2012, Jamie Paul Griffin wrote:
> > I have found the source of the problem: the script failed when
> > expiring messages in /var/mail/... but not is mailboxes in my $HOME
> > directory; so, it was a permissions issue which i've now resolved.
> >
> > Sorry to have pestered you David, especially there was no real
> > problem, just a simple matter of looking more closely at the file
> > permissions.
>
> No worries, I'm glad you got it worked out.  Sorry I was unresponsive.
> It's been the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US, so a lot of us have
> been more away from e-mail than usual.

Ah! Hi David. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Whilst i've got your
attention, it seems i've mis-diagnosed the bug. But I do now know what
that the issue is.

The script works on all messages except those with Content-Type:
Multipart/*

I thought it was a permissions problem because the messages i had issues
with were in my spoolfile in /var - most mailing list messages, i.e.
messages in mailboxes in my home directory are not in that format,
leading me to believe the script was having issues executing on messages
located under /var.

So, it's the MIME type of the message that appears to be the problem.
I've tested and tested and different messages, that's where it fails
each time.

Would you perhaps have a suggestion as to fixing this? (if you have time
of course, I don't want to disturb your Thanksgiving holiday.)

Best wishes, Jamie.