On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 06:54:13PM -0600, Will Fiveash wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 04:50:12PM -0800, Brendan Cully wrote:

> > > I'd tried breaking the thread but with the threading options I'm using
> > > mutt automatically added the subtree to the existing main thread in a
> > > place that still hid the subtree thread display.  8^/
> >
> > I guess you mean strict_threads=no. It seems like a bug to me that
> > breaking threads doesn't break them in nonstrict mode too.
>
> Yes, I have strict_threads=no set in my .muttrc.  Perhaps I will revisit
> that setting which I set years ago and have forgotten why (probably
> because some mail lists I follow have posts from broken MUAs).  Perhaps
> it can set that to yes at this point?

BTW, I just tried setting strict_threads=yes and breaking the subthread
and that was close to what I was looking for.  If there could be a
temp-break-thread command that could be undone when '$'yncing that would
be nice.  As it stands if I reply to or delete some of the messages in
that broken subthread those changes will be lost because I have to quit
mutt via 'x' which does not update the original mailbox.

--
Will Fiveash