On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 11:36:25AM -0600, David Champion wrote:
> * On 25 Jan 2013, s. keeling wrote:

> > Why are you not reading the suggested documentation?  Patrick's advice
> > is spot on.  All of your questions so far are easily answered by the
> > suggested docs.
>
> I hope this will be my only meta-post on this thread, but I think there
> are two critical flaws with the hard-nosed RTFM response:
        Boy, do I agree!  Some of the responses here are over the
        top.

> 1. synthesizing the information among multiple sources of documentation
> can be difficult.  I have no reason to think that horseriver hasn't
> read the docs; only that he doesn't possess the big picture (yet).
         I conjecture also that English is not the Sieur de Horseriver's
         mother tongue.  Another reason for patience and kindness; as
         if these qualities ever needed justification.

> Oftentimes this integration of facts into understanding is best provided
> by other people, and a support mailing list is a good place to ask for
> that.
        And is often found.  This E-list is, in my experience an
        exception.

> "Pointy-clicky", really?  People may become annoying, but one can remain
> polite instead of imputing attributes which you find mockable.
         Again, Mr Champion is spot-on.

Best wishes, especially to the very patient horseriver,

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
    Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.