My question is embedded in the quoted message, below:

On 20131206_210949, Erik Christiansen wrote:

... remove text that's not relevant to my questions

> help when you are off in another mailbox, and suddenly decide to fling
> off a message. To let mutt catch that use case, and put any message to
> family in the right mailbox, I've settled on:
>
> fcc-save-hook '%L fam_grp' family
                 ^^
Where is the use of '%L and other such magic documented?
I have found a magic code ~L. Is that 'the same thing'?
If so why the substitution of % for ~ ?

> after setting up a group via the alias for each, e.g.:
>
> alias -group fam_grp jim  jim....@example.com
> alias -group fam_grp joe  joe....@elephant.org

Where is -group within an alias command documented?
Is this a unique feature?
Or are there other modifiers for alias?
Documented where?

--