On 06.12.13 11:22, Paul E Condon wrote:
> On 20131206_210949, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> > help when you are off in another mailbox, and suddenly decide to fling
> > off a message. To let mutt catch that use case, and put any message to
> > family in the right mailbox, I've settled on:
> >
> > fcc-save-hook '%L fam_grp' family
>                  ^^
> Where is the use of '%L and other such magic documented?

In mutt, press F1¹, then either search for %L (about the
third hit includes the text "GROUP"), or go to section
"3.1. Pattern Modifier". (It's the same place.)

> Where is -group within an alias command documented?

In the same manual. That's where I found it, after a bit of poking about.
(I'm no mutt guru either. It took several dives into the doco before I'd
fashioned the simple config which simply worked.)

> Is this a unique feature?

I don't know what other MUAs might have the feature.

> Or are there other modifiers for alias?

A little effort finds that in the F1 manual.

> Documented where?

If you've only been looking in http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/,
then that's perhaps a fair question. The 'F1' manual is infinitely
superior w.r.t. ease of finding stuff.

¹ If F1 doesn't work for you, then you could manually
zcat /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz

Erik

--
manual, n.:
A unit of documentation. There are always three or more on a given item.