On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 03:21:48PM +0200, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 16.04.2015, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>
> > ..I just tag it archived, and it disappears from my virtual
> > folder.  The physical message stays in the original mailbox as before.
>
> Interesting. To what degree does this actually penalize performance?
> I'm using good old procmail to mak a copy of every mail that made it to my
> inbox into a folder called "archive"..

Well, if the virtual folder is big, opening the folder can take a while.
But the tagging part is instantaneous.  I still limit my virtual folders
to show only the first X messages.  Where X can vary between 300 to a
thousand or so.  That said, I can always access all messages via search,
or by visiting the real folder.

--
Suvayu