* On 23 May 2015, Mun wrote:

> Indeed.  I use a send-hook to accomplish the change to "from".  However,
> I recently found at least one destination bounced my mail because it
> detected that  I didn't actually send the email from the domain stated
> in "from:".  Here's the error within the bounce e-mail:
>
>  Sender address rejected: This gmail.com mail didn't
>     really arrive via a gmail.com mail server (in reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> Does anyone know of a way to workaround this issue?

GMail publishes SPF and DKIM records.  Any receiving site that thinks
these are a good idea can check your mail alleging to be from gmail.com
and determine whether it really is sent by gmail.com.  Yours isn't, so
it fails the check and there's no way around this except to send via
gmail.com's SMTP relays.

You might try a send2-hook to set your $sendmail according to the
profile you're using (the address you're sending from).

--
David Champion • d...@bikeshed.us