On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 09:58:06PM -0700, Mun wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 06:15 PM PDT, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> IZ> Did you have a good reason to bypass Google servers?  If not, using
> IZ> gmail as a relay would likely work around this.
>
> Not really.  I have multiple e-mail accounts that I process from a
> single system and so I tried to spoof the "from:" accordingly.

does not work, the worst very often you don't even get an error message
but your email lands in spam or gets deleted without trace.

> IZ> Exim can be configured to conditionally relay some messages depending on
> IZ> foo.  Other MTAs probably can, too.
>
> I'm using postfix; I'll have to look into that capability.

it works with postfix but I found it so complicated and brittle that
I switched to esmtp where it is very easy. Many other like msmtp make
it easy to use multiple accounts.

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers