On 28.11.15 07:01, Brian Salter-Duke wrote:
> I use a Ubuntu terminal and the url above shows up highlighted in blue.
> I hold the mouse over it and right click brings up a menu. I select
> "open in browser" and it does just that. For attached html I use
> mutt_bgrun. I have a script with several alternatives:-

I'll definitely give that a try. Up to now, I've contented myself with
just highlighting all lines of a long broken URL with the mouse, then
pasting it anywhere in the window of Firefox/Iceweasel. (Not in the URL
box.)

Firefox/Iceweasel seamlessly handles the broken URLs when used in this
way, so long as middlemouse.contentLoadURL is set to true. (Put
about:config in the URL box to get there.)

In my experience, mutt hangs until any launched attachment displayer or
other process exits. The described work method allows the currently open
Firefox/Iceweasel instance to be used, and avoids mutt hanging.

Erik