On 09.01.16 20:35, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> >From time to time it happens to me that I do announce in the body of a
> mail "I will attach foo bla ..." and at the end of the message I forget
> to do this; the MUA evolution (which I was using some years ago)
> warned me on sending, that the attachment was missing and if I want to
> continue sending without it, perhaps based just on the word of
> 'attach*' in the body; do we have such a feature in our beloved mutt?

Something in mutt would be brilliant, but for some time I've found it
entirely adequate to have Vim perform the check on exit, using the
CheckAttach.vim plugin. It's available here:

The only nuisance is that I lose it on a new linux install, and take
some time to notice the loss, and reinstall the plugin.

Erik