Hallo Matthias!

Matthias Apitz schrieb am Sonntag, den 10. Januar 2016:

> El día Sunday, January 10, 2016 a las 10:21:24PM +1100, Erik Christiansen
> escribió:
>
> > On 09.01.16 23:18, Xu Wang wrote:
> > > What I find helpful is that immediately when I reference an attachment
> > > I stop my email, save it, add the attachment, then go back to edit
> > > email.
> >
> > The CheckAttach plugin (for Vim) has an ":AttachFile" command which
> > allows adding attachments during composing, if desired. But I just
> > plough on, and simply respond to the prompt at the end of composing.

> I have it installed, but it did not worked; I looked into why and see:
>
> $ find .vim
> .vim
> .vim/spell
> .vim/spell/de.utf-8.spl
> .vim/spell/es.utf-8.spl
> .vim/spell/es.utf-8.sug
> .vim/.netrwhist
> .vim/ftplugin
> .vim/ftplugin/mail
> .vim/ftplugin/mail/CheckAttach.vim
> .vim/doc
> .vim/doc/CheckAttach.txt
> .vim/doc/tags
> .vim/.VimballRecord
>
> With truss(1) I got to know that vim was looking for a different place:
>
> .vim/plugin
>
> and I copied .vim/ftplugin/mail/CheckAttach.vim to
> .vim/plugin/CheckAttach.vim
> and with this it workes as expected.

This is most certainly the wrong solution. The correct solution is to
stick a
filetype plugin on
into your  ~/.vimrc (which is a good idea anyhow).

> I will test it a while to get familar with it and see if I will like it;

If you happen to notice any bug, please notice me directly or file an
issue here:
https://github.com/chrisbra/CheckAttach

I have been using it for 7 or 8 years and it has worked with no problems
for me.

regards,
Christian
--
Confirmed bachelor:
        A man who goes through life without a hitch.