On 22.02.17 18:50, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> On 21.02.17 13:28, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
> >
> > You'll want to use the "push" command:
> >   reply-hook '~f x...@yyy.asn.au' \
> >              'push <edit-to><kill-line>z...@bigpond.com<enter>'
> >
> > *However*, this kind of thing is very delicate.

With a 'y' in front of <edit-to>, it does actually work fine. My
mistake was expecting the reply-hook to take effect early enough to
affect the edit-headers. But the action occurs after leaving the editor.
I didn't infer that from the reply-hook text:

"19. Change Settings Based Upon Message Recipients"
"reply-hook is matched against the message you are replying to, instead
of the message you are sending." ...

"reply-hooks are matched before the send-hook, regardless of the order
specified in the user's configuration file."

I'll put a reminder in my own notes. It's not as easy as it used to be
to remember the details when moving rapidly from activity to activity.

So edit-to is robust enough for everyday use, it seems.

Erik