On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 08:50:35PM +0000, Mihai Lazarescu wrote:

> On April 26, 2018 8:24:16 PM UTC, Ian Zimmerman <i...@very.loosely.org> wrote:
> > On 2018-04-25 10:24, Will Yardley wrote:
> >
> > > Kind of thread drift, but I actually wonder if Mutt shouldn't move
> > > away from Mail-Followup-To, as it never became a standard, and is
> > not
> > > really adopted by (m)any other commonly used mail clients.
> >
> > It is supported by Gnus.  I don't know of any others, and I wonder the
> > same thing, because it seems to create at least some mischief.
>
> Seems also supported by Thunderbird
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Help_Documentation:Mail-Followup-To_and_Mail-Reply-To
>  and Roundcube https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/1937

I always thought $followup_to was a pretty nice feature.  While I
sympathize with Matthias, the mischief was the result of
misconfiguration, and Mutt requires nothing if not attention to the
documentation and configuration.

However, if there is a strong majority of mutt-users subscribers that
agree with $followup_to defaulting to 'no', I'll make the change.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy