On 2020-04-04 03:41, Vegard Svanberg wrote:

Currently I'm running Mutt from a machine which I ssh into from 5 other
computers I use frequently (IMAP backend - self-hosted).

Suggestions? What does everyone else do?

Meaning Mutt runs on the same computer that runs your IMAP server, and you use Mutt from elsewhere through SSH? Why not run Mutt on the computer you sit in front of, using Mutt's IMAP client to fetch mail to display? That is, use IMAP across the net instead of SSH. That wouldn't give Mutt a GUI, but some things would be nicer. Passing off HTML and images to some other program would work smoothly; those other programs would also run on the computer in front of you, and so could do graphics directly.

Or did I misunderstand your setup?