On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 09:18:37PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> I've said it before--I too would love a mutt-based (or mutt-similar)
> GUI mail client.  Frankly, no matter how much I love Mutt (and you
> know I do), trying to make the case that Mutt's handling of modern,
> every-day common e-mail messages is anything but clunky and backward
> is insane.

Go ahead and call me crazy, then.  For me, Mutt's handling of modern,
every-day common e-mail messages is a feature.  It strips away all of
the distracting, intelligence-free clutter and lets me *read the
message*.  Compared to the competition, I find that use of Mutt is
much more relaxing and pleasant.

If I were condemned to use only one of those gooey-fied MUAs, I would
be working on a plugin to configure-off all of the formatting, gather
the attachments into a menu to be viewed or ignored as I choose, pop
up an "are you sure?" dialog before following links, and generally
make it more like Mutt.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst