https://mako.cc/copyrighteous/google-has-most-of-my-email-because-it-has-all-of-yours

> I have been migrating to fastmail for my stuff (though mailing lists
> have not all been migrated yet). I'm happy with it at least.

Fastmail is clearly preferable to Gmail, but that isn't saying much.

Unlike both of those two:

- Posteo's HQ and data center are both in the same, *relatively*
  privacy-friendly, jurisdiction as each other (Germany), which reduces
  its legal attack surface;

- Posteo's web front end is free software; and

- Posteo's servers run on renewable energy.

So Derek, if you really are shopping around for webmail, please try
Posteo in addition to (or instead of) Gmail or Fastmail.

(I don't work for Posteo or have any other affiliation with them.  I'm
just a customer.)

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.