On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 12:32:05PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 09:46:48PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> > I've given up politely asking people to remember to send email as
> > either both text/html and text/plain or just text/plain when sending
> > to me.  It's a losing battle. :(

You've given up *politely* asking? Meaning you are now asking
impolitely? :)

> Yeah, I've been trying to explain this to some folks around here
> recently, but not having much success.  You have my sympathy.

Agreed. It is frustrating. But Derek, please don't give up! Even in the
worst case scenario, we can slow the acceleration. I especially take the
time to choose the battles where the email is from an automated system.
I contact the support and send something like the following:

  Could you please modify your automatic emails to also send a
  plain-text version in addition to the HTML email? This is easy to do
  and most professional emails provide a plain text version (this is
  called multi-part MIME).

  If this doesn't make sense to you, please forward this request to your
  tech team.

  Thanks for your time!

Best,

Scott