On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 09:59:38AM +0530, Bhaskar Chowdhury wrote:
The problem it pops up for every new mail arrive. All I need to know about when I am in the TO or CC field or received mail from some specific individuals, then only the notify send pop up.

Any clue? I saw some rexexes but couldn't figure out how to apply them. More over is there any "in-built" way of getting that??

No, $new_mail_command doesn't provide anything sophisticated. It operates at the same time as $beep_new - running when Mutt detects new mail in the open mailbox or any of the monitored mailboxes.

For more sophisticated notification, you'll need to use another tool.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy