On 15Feb2021 05:20, Angel M Alganza <a...@ugr.es> wrote:
>On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 07:36:34PM -0800, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
>>You can read a bit more about it at
>><http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#ff>, but you'll want to do more
>>research if you intend to compose format=flowed emails.
>
>Thank you, I'm going to have a look at this.  I'd like to keep doing it,
>since it might help others to read my email better regardless of their
>email client and display.

Aye. I use format=flowed all the time; there's stuff in the wiki about
settings to go with it, for example to make composition easy.

The specification itself is here:

    https://tools.ietf.org/rfcmarkup?doc=3676

I might stick in a PR to add that link to the manual.

It is quite conservations, to minimise the implementation burden. And
that frugality is likely where the inflexibility about ">" comes from.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>