On 2021-08-30 09:20, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 05:28:35AM -0700, li...@ifohancroft.com wrote:
bind index,pager c noop # Unbinding the key first, because the manual says that macros shouldn't be bound to keys that are already bound

Would you mind pointing out where you got that information?  As far as
I know there is no need to do this, but maybe there is a problem I'm
not aware of.

Sorry. I meant to reply to the list.

I'd be happy to.

Apparently, I was wrong and it was not in the manual, but in the Mutt Guide: https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/-/wikis/MuttGuide/Macros#how-to-use

Under 'Usage: macro menu key sequence [ description ]', right before the first example, in the explanation of each part, there is the sentence:

"Though you can use the bound keys too, that is not
recommended!"

I never knew what that is about and I've always forgot to ask.

I thought there may be something about it, that may create a problem in a weird edge case, that if I encounter some day might confuse the hell out of me while trying to figure out the cause of, because I would have forgotten it by then, so I thought it's easier to just unbind the keys first.

I'd be more than happy if it turns out that's not needed.

Best Regards,
IFo Hancroft