> On 2021-09-01 20:54, li...@ifohancroft.com wrote:
I understand what "index" and "pager" is. But what is the name when I am
in the list of my folders? I think I need to bind q for exit, when I am
in the list of my folders:

  bind  <name-of-list-of-folders>  q  exit

thank you,

Unless I am wrong and there is more than one list of folders, its bind
type is 'browser'.
One way to check/confirm that is by pressing '?' while there and
checking what the status line says. It should say something like:
Help for ..... (35%)

yes, the <list-of-folders> is called "browser" in my case also.

But when I bind:

  bind  browser  q  exit

and use "q" in browser, it does not exit, but just cycles between
browser and the folder where I came from.

And also, you suggested previously to use "exit", but this keyword does
not seem to exist in my mutt (2.0.2). When I use this binding:

  bind  browser q quit

.mutt/muttrc, line 80: quit: no such function in map

So basically, now  I just need to find pout, how to actually exit when I
press "q" in browser.

thank you,