On Thu, Aug 04, 2022 at 09:40:03AM +0200, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:
> I am about to work for an organization whose e-mails are managed by
> Google.

Commiserations.

> I tried to configure mutt to read those e-mails, in particular to make
> the OAuth2 authentification method work for imaps [but so far, that
> has not succeeded].

Others will be better placed to help you *fix* this.  (I'm not a Google
customer myself.)

As a *temporary workaround*, maybe see if you can edit the
GMail/GoogleMail settings so that a copy of each incoming email is
forwarded to an email address you control that is hosted by a
standards-compliant (and therefore Mutt-friendly) email hosting company.
IIRC, the GMail settings interface has an option for this - or failing
that, you can create a catch-all "filter" with a rule to forward the
emails.

That will at least get your inbound mails into Mutt.

(Perhaps, as an adjunct to that workaround, if you are lucky, you will
manage to get outbound email working directly from Mutt via GMail, so
that you can also *send* work emails from Mutt.)

Good luck!

Sam