On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 11:53:50 -0500, X Tec wrote:
> ---Finally, on IMAP, different email providers seem to have totally
> different ways to specify their subfolders for the variables $sent,
> $drafts...: "INBOX.sent", "[Gmail]/Sent Mail", etc. Then how am I suppose
> to find out which syntax each email service uses?

An IMAP server can "tag" the list of mailboxes it returns to the cilent with
what are called special use flags.  Then, the client can look for those
instead of trying to guess which mailbox is meant for what.  For example,
the mailbox with sent mail would be flagged as \Sent regardless of its name.
For more info, take a look at RFC 6154 [1].

Clients generally don't expose special use flags to the user.

Jeff.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc6154.html