On Sat, Oct 15, 2022 at 08:46:17PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> I've installed imapfilter on my xubuntu linux system and I've created
> an imapfilter config file:-
>
>     cwebin  {
>         server = 'mail.gridhost.co.uk',
>         username = 'c...@isbd.co.uk',
>         password = 'xxxxxxxx',
>         ssl = 'auto'
>     }
>
>     cwebout  {
>         server = 'x.y.zzz',
>         username = 'c...@isbd.co.uk',
>         password = 'xxxxxxxx',
>         ssl = 'auto'
>     }
>
> ... and when I run imapfilter it just says:-
>
>     chris$ imapfilter
> imapfilter: /home/chris/.imapfilter/config.lua:1: attempt to call global
> 'cwebin' (a nil value)
>     stack traceback:
>             [C]: in function 'cwebin'
>             /home/chris/.imapfilter/config.lua:1: in main chunk
>     chris$
>
> Not being a lua guru I'm a bit stuck!

OK, looking at some examples I've got a bit further, imapfilter is now:-

    local cwebin = IMAP {
        server = 'mail.gridhost.co.uk',
        username = 'c...@isbd.co.uk',
        password = 'brzmibew',
        ssl = 'auto'
    }

    local cwebout = IMAP {
        server = 'x.y.zzz',
        username = 'c...@isbd.co.uk',
        password = 'brzmibew',
        ssl = 'auto'
    }

It works, sort of.

How do I get it into interactive mode?  I.e. run imapfilter with the
/home/chris/.imapfilter/config.lua configuration and then allow me to
run some commands to actually do things.

--
Chris Green