On Sat, Oct 15, 2022 at 10:27:29PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:

How do I get it into interactive mode?  I.e. run imapfilter with the
/home/chris/.imapfilter/config.lua configuration and then allow me to
run some commands to actually do things.

All the examples I can find seem to actually put "things to run" in
the /home/chris/.imapfilter/config.lua file which seems rather odd.

I've tried running 'imapfilter -i' and it gets me an imapfilter
command prompt but it seems to have forgotten everything in the
configuration file.

Working interactively isn't very confortable or easy, in my opinion,
since the interactive prompt doesn't autocompletion or anything.  I
place all the commands into the configuration file and run them from
there.  I also have aditional configuration files for things I do at
different times and I run them from cron at different intervals (hourly,
daily, weekly) depending on what they actually do.

Cheers,
Ángel