You cannot assign a task to another person as it's not a multi-user system.
But you can create a task, "Get markups from Frank" and make the other
task(s) dependent on it using dependencies, in the properties pane. The
advantage to this is that you can review/set dates/etc for "Get markups"
than the other tasks, set a reminder to bug Frank, etc.

Also, note that the context @OfficeWaitingFor is created by whatever
template you used, but you can use it however you want, delete it, etc. The
idea would be that you would see a list if you group by context:  Get
markups from Frank, Waiting to hear back from X, etc.

Lisa

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM, pwilder <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is probably a really basic question, but I just got an evaluation
> copy of MLO so I'm at the basic level.
>
> One of the features I was counting on is the ability to create
> dependencies. Specifically, I want to be able to say "I can't do this task
> until Frank gives me the markups" (or whatever it is Frank needs to do that
> is blocking me). I see that there's an @OfficeWaiting For context, and that
> SEEMS to be what I should use, but I don't see a way to say WHAT I'm
> waiting for and these tasks appear in my To-Do list like all the others. I
> don't see a way to create a task and assign it to someone else so I can
> make my task dependent on that one, either.
>
> I can't be the only person whose work depends on someone else finishing
> theirs! How do I create tasks that are dependent on external factors?
>
> TIA.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "MyLifeOrganized" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mylifeorganized/-/_85zwEsL-qgJ.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en.
>



-- 
Lisa

------------------------------
Lisa Stroyan, mailto: [email protected] <[email protected]>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en.

Reply via email to