Can you give us more detail? That sounds like a mismatch between the view
definition and your recurrence pattern.

A recurring task has a start date and a due date, and a recurrence
pattern. MLO only supports one uncompleted/future instance of a recurring
task at a time, but once completed the task will be updated to tomorrow's
recurrence immediately, and if your view is correct, it should be seen in
tomorrow's tasks. Tasks "show up" in a view if the view criteria match the
task's details.

What view are you using and how is it defined? Start date might be what
your view is using to determine what tasks it shows for tomorrow. Try
separating the start date and the due date especially if you are using
time/hours in your due date.

For example, I've already taken my medicine this morning, so it starts and
is due tomorrow now, since I completed it. I haven't eaten breakfast yet,
so if I looked at a list of tasks that start tomorrow, and "eat breakfast"
hasn't been completed yet, so it starts today, it won't be shown in the
"starts tomorrow" list.

what I would suggest is that you think about exactly what you want to see,
taking into account that today's tasks will not show up as starting or
being due tomorrow, and put that into a view. For example, you could define
a view that groups by due date and only includes task that start tomorrow
OR ("Recurrence = Daily" AND "due date = today)"

Lisa Stroyan, [email protected]
On Aug 8, 2013 4:17 PM, "Holmes245" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I had a question on recurring tasks. When  I click a recurring task as
> done for the current day it's due, it doesn't show up for the next
> occurrence in MLO (at least with my setup) until that day. When I look at
> the next day's tasks after I'm done with the current day, I don't have a
> true representation of what's required to be done because those recurring
> tasks don't show up. This is the nice thing about a calendar view in
> programs like Outlook. You can see recurring tasks. With the to do list in
> MLO, I can't so like I said, I don't have a true view of what's to be done
> until that day. Is there a way to change this? I went to the advanced
> options in recurring tasks but wasn't sure or didn't see an option for
> this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
>
> Joel
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "MyLifeOrganized" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/efbe312b-a63f-44e3-80ab-08f2a8206820%40googlegroups.com
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAJYFk%2B1eX-L00s1A9PA5tb8sAMYsDEG9DfBJGpF0pzYKmAutHw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to