Hi, Joel. Every recurring task has a start date and a due date. I'm 
guessing that you are assigning the start date as "the day when I want to 
start doing this task." Try instead thinking of it as "The day when I want 
to start seeing this task in my to-do list.

Imagine you have a task you need to do on the 25th of each month. You could 
set it up to reoccur (due date) on the 25th of every month with a lead time 
of 0, which would put the start date on the 25th of each month. Every month 
you will see no notice of it until the 25th hits, and it will show up and 
also be due. Instead, if you put your due date for the 25th of each month, 
and your lead time for 7 days, the start date will show up on the 18th of 
each month and you will have the task on your to-do list a week before it's 
due.
-Dwight

On Thursday, August 8, 2013 6:17:03 PM UTC-4, Holmes245 wrote:
>
> I had a question on recurring tasks. When  I click a recurring task as 
> done for the current day it's due, it doesn't show up for the next 
> occurrence in MLO (at least with my setup) until that day. When I look at 
> the next day's tasks after I'm done with the current day, I don't have a 
> true representation of what's required to be done because those recurring 
> tasks don't show up. This is the nice thing about a calendar view in 
> programs like Outlook. You can see recurring tasks. With the to do list in 
> MLO, I can't so like I said, I don't have a true view of what's to be done 
> until that day. Is there a way to change this? I went to the advanced 
> options in recurring tasks but wasn't sure or didn't see an option for 
> this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
>
> Joel
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/f388d921-00a2-4262-9ec9-f43daa6738d1%40googlegroups.com?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to