Thanks all for the advice which encouraged me to try again.

I followed suggestions above, and combined outlines into one, and the sync
process is working and I am enjoying using the app. However I have not yet
tested sync much on outlines with nested todo lists and dependent tasks,
where the checkbox status used not to sync reliably for me.

I emailed the developer to query the ten outline limit in cloud storage
some weeks ago - I did not get a reply yet. Perhaps he is busy and maybe
there are issues in the design which I am unaware of which require this
limitation.

I have found a product - not as good - which saves to dropbox, so when my
cloud sync subscription runs out year after next I will review things
again, but for now I stay with MLO and hope for removal of the limit, and a
common file structure between platforms.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/46392d8f-6650-4e7c-b624-ace02108ccb1%40googlegroups.com.