If I understand, you are looking for a set of tasks which will allow for
you to slack and then pick up the pattern again. I think this will get you
close:

Create "Workout routine task" - start/due today, recurs 2 days after this
task is completed, advanced: recur when all subs complete and reset all
subtasks

Now create 3 subs - A, B, C. Leave A as is, click "next day" on B, and
"next day" twice on C. so they are now due today, tomorrow, and the next
day.

Result: When C is completed, parent and therefore A will recur day after
tomorrow (tomorrow being the rest day) and the other tasks should follow
along in the same pattern as you don't modify the dates manually, in which
case you have to change all three of Parent, B, and C, (or click "inherit
dates" on B and C and then hit "next day" once/twice).

The problem I see is that if you slack and catch up, you will have an extra
day if you complete the parent on your last...slack...I mean "rest"...day
:) So if you click complete right now, A won't start until day *after*
tomorrow. You could probably get around this by having the parent recur 1
day after completion instead of two, and then have a "Rest day" task that
holds off the automatic completion...but then you have to complete "Rest
day" every 4 days. Maybe it would be worth it though, plus it's kind of
cool to have a task to mark off for "free". :)

Would you let me know if it works or if you found anything more elegant?
I'm curious.




On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Ronen <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to add my gym routine into MLO and I could really use your help.
>
> I have 3 workouts which are regenerated based on the previous workout.
>
> Workout B - 1 day after workout A is completed.
> Workout C - 1 day after workout B is completed.
> Workout A - 2 days after workout C is completed.
>
> Any help on how to set it up will be highly appreciated.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "MyLifeOrganized" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/a78a91a5-236d-40b0-b66b-29648f6029a9%40googlegroups.com
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>



-- 
Lisa

------------------------------
Lisa Stroyan, mailto: [email protected] <[email protected]>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAJYFk%2B0GTNs7hXRA3RVTyE34VK955t7JfF6t9_UhggiTmHJ3EA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to