Jon: I may have a solution but I want to test it before documenting it.
Question: in all of your discussion, the time to complete a task once its
predecessor finishes is always 7 days. Would it be fair to assume that the
duration for each task in a series will be the same? I believe that I cam make
it work even if the task durations vary but it will be a longer, more complex
process.

Mark, dependencies do not affect either the start date or the due date of a
task. All that dependencies can do is to create a period beginning at the start
date during which the task is inactive due to uncompleted dependency and
therefore remove the task from any to-do lists.

The only two processes that I can think of that actually make calculated
changes to a due date are recurrence (which I hope to propose as a solution)
and creation of a new task from a template.
-Dwight
Mlo betazoid
on Android sgn2

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/878651f6-fadf-4b10-b087-2b0b0d76ee5e%40katmail.1gravity.com.