I experience this too. My column are either moving around. Not all but the Goal, Urgency shift to the front sometimes. Not sure why it just can't be consistent when I move them there, for them to stay there. It doesn't happen all the time to me every time I use MLO but yeah, once or twice, when I shoot over to my outline and select the goals filter, those columns have shifted. I wish there was some way to lock the columns in place.
Joel On Thursday, April 3, 2014 9:35:46 AM UTC-4, Richard C wrote: > > Hmmm - spoke too soon. MLO keeps removing the columns I have added back > into my ToDo view in the main window. Suspect that it is something to do > with the Helper Window based on that view not having the columns and in > some way, forcing their removal in the main window but I can't reproduce at > will. It just seems to be happening. > > Have now closed the Helper window and reopened it based on my main view > which has the columns to see whether that stops MLO removing them. > > Have to say that this behaviour is not good - would be much more > consistent, clearer and more flexible if changing the columns in a view was > the same as changing the filter criteria - the changes are only made in > that workspace and only become permanent when you save the view. > > Have wasted too much time with this already. > > Richard > > On Thursday, 3 April 2014 12:21:34 UTC+1, Richard C wrote: > >> And to add some more information. It looks like the columns are >> associated with the view because I realised I needed the same view (with >> regard which items are displayed) but with different columns in the >> dfferent workspaces. So when I went back and chose my original To Do >> view in my new workspace and then edited the columns, the columns in my >> main Todo view also changed immediately. >> >> So it looks like columns are stored with views. >> >> But I think what is confusing is that when you change the columns on a >> view, the little star does not appear to say that you have changed the view >> and it also looks as if the column change immediately applied to all >> instances (ie: unlike when you change anything in the left hand panel, >> where effectively that change is not applied to the original view until you >> save it) >> >> It is sort of coming back to me now because I know that I have always >> found this very confusing (and still do). >> >> The bottom line is that I want to have two workspaces both based on the >> same view (ie showing the same items) but with different column >> settings. And it doesn't look as if this is possible in the main MLO >> window. >> >> However, it does look as if you can create a helper window and then >> change the column settings in that.without it affecting the column settings >> in the MLO window - which is the reason I wanted the facility in the first >> place. But then I can't save those column settings. >> >> Hmmm, Any thoughts any one? >> >> Richard. >> >> >> On Thursday, 3 April 2014 12:08:11 UTC+1, Richard C wrote: >> >>> Arrgh - just noticed that I missed a step out there - after creating my >>> new No Col To Do, I saved the view with a new name To Do (single col)' >>> >>> >>> On Thursday, 3 April 2014 11:39:40 UTC+1, Richard C wrote: >>> >>>> I am still completely bemused by how MLO handles and stores the column >>>> set up for a particular workspace. Are they stored with the view or with >>>> the workspace or some other place. >>>> >>>> Here's what I have just done - if anybody can explain to me the logic >>>> behind this, I would be grateful >>>> >>>> I have a Workspace set up with my ToDo view and multiple column - lets >>>> call this my 'Main ToDo workspace) >>>> >>>> I wanted to create a new version of my ToDo view but with no columns (I >>>> will explain why in another post) - lets call this 'No col ToDo' workspace >>>> >>>> So I created the new workspace and selected my ToDo view in that >>>> workspace - it may have defaulted to this because I right clicked on my >>>> Main ToDo workspace tab and selected new Workspace. >>>> >>>> I then stripped out the columns that I didn't want to appear in my 'No >>>> col ToDo' workspace >>>> >>>> I am not sure whether I went back to look at my Main ToDo workspace at >>>> this point. >>>> >>>> Any way, I subsequently shut down MLO. >>>> >>>> And now this morning, when I go to my Main ToDo doesn't have any >>>> columns!!! >>>> >>>> It looks like I can add back the columns in my Main ToDo without them >>>> appearing in my No Col ToDo workspace but if anybody can explain to me why >>>> the columns disappeared from my MainToDo when I removed them from a >>>> different workspace, I would be grateful. >>>> >>>> Thanks >>>> >>>> Richard >>>> >>>> >>> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MyLifeOrganized" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/6ee6b619-5f3d-41aa-885e-6efcc368d695%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
