Anybody? And I am even more confused now because I added another column to one of my views/workspaces. When I added it, it didn't appear where I wanted it so I dragged it to the location that I did want. This has 'stuck' (ie MLO remembers this) But now when I create a Helper window (using F3) based on this Workspace, the new column is there but in the place it first appeared rather than the place that I dragged it to. Richard
On Thursday, 3 April 2014 11:39:40 UTC+1, Richard C wrote: > I am still completely bemused by how MLO handles and stores the column set > up for a particular workspace. Are they stored with the view or with the > workspace or some other place. > > Here's what I have just done - if anybody can explain to me the logic > behind this, I would be grateful > > I have a Workspace set up with my ToDo view and multiple column - lets > call this my 'Main ToDo workspace) > > I wanted to create a new version of my ToDo view but with no columns (I > will explain why in another post) - lets call this 'No col ToDo' workspace > > So I created the new workspace and selected my ToDo view in that workspace > - it may have defaulted to this because I right clicked on my Main ToDo > workspace tab and selected new Workspace. > > I then stripped out the columns that I didn't want to appear in my 'No col > ToDo' workspace > > I am not sure whether I went back to look at my Main ToDo workspace at > this point. > > Any way, I subsequently shut down MLO. > > And now this morning, when I go to my Main ToDo doesn't have any columns!!! > > It looks like I can add back the columns in my Main ToDo without them > appearing in my No Col ToDo workspace but if anybody can explain to me why > the columns disappeared from my MainToDo when I removed them from a > different workspace, I would be grateful. > > Thanks > > Richard > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MyLifeOrganized" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/544e7b87-b093-4510-a809-1293469367f5%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
