Hi. If you do not use Cloud Sync then MLO can be used without an Internet connection with a few exceptions below. You can use WiFi Sync to synchronize your tasks with one other device (Either Windows or Mobile). Both devices would require a connection to the same router but the router does not have to be Internet connected. If you want to make use of any of the licensed functionality (including sync) you need an Internet connection while registering your license, however you can do this before entering your first task, so there is no privacy risk.

If you have no Internet connection you will be unable to view certain help files. You will be unable to receive updates and fixes, and in the event of malfunctions or crashes you will be unable to send traces or dumps to the vendor. It is conceivable but unlikely that a highly motivated attacker could recover a small portion of your tasks from the traces or dumps. Receiving help and updates presents no risk unless you are at the state-secret end of the security curve. In that case you may wish to establish a separate installation on an Internet connected machine, use it to access updates and help, and in the event of malfunctions or crashes you could try to reproduce them on the Internet connected machine using generic tasks (task1, subtask, etc) and get support there.
-Dwight