I archive every few days after receiving this warning when I was at around 8000
tasks. I preserve outline branches by making the root of the branch a project.
If the appropriate parameter is set, it will not archive "open projects". I'm
not exactly sure what Open Project means, maybe someone can clarify. In the
Windows version of MLO, you can zoom in on a branch, do Select All in Outline
View, and a count is shown of the number of tasks.

I am still adding more tasks than I am archiving...

Hope this helps

Laurence

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/f607e9b3-5fd1-4958-8980-7ed0c41578bc%40googlegroups.com.