Thanks for all this feedback, lots to ponder.

I'm working on a boat refit and came across this exact 3x3 idea and built myself a bunch of tags with icons. In the end I gave it up. The concept made sense in the description, but I just couldn't remember it. I ended up creating descriptors that end up making more sense for me: before winter, dead of winter, spring, launch, on water... And gave them icons that made sense, so that works out quite intuitively. So for me, in this project Tags = which season the work can or should be done/needs to be completed.

The neat part with contexts, is I've found I can create different sets for different parts of my list and they still all sort nice in their different 'zones'. I have a Morning/Afternoon/Evening set I use in my general outline that doesn't interfere with the set in my boat refit.

Marvin

On 18-01-10 5:54 AM, Christoph Zwerschke wrote:
Am 10.01.2018 um 11:59 schrieb MOK | MATSURU:
> There are 2 workarounds i can propose to you:
> 01. Use tags on task name = [A1], [A2], [A3]...so on
> - Then u can adjust your views to sort according to them.
> - to facilitate faster typing, you can use Autohotkey (windows app) and
> assign something like "..1" and it will become "[A1]"
> - On android, you can do the same with autotext enable keyboard such as
> Multiling O keyboard or use an app called Textpand.
>
> 02. Create [A1], [A2], [A3]... so on in CONTEXT
> - assign your task with priorities faster by using keyboard shortcut
> ALT-L, then type "[" to list out all your tags.
> - or use autohotkey like what i mentioned on the 1st method.
> - or assign keyboard shortcuts to all your context tags. F8>select
> context>Propertise
> - then you can create views/list and group/sort by context.
>
> Hope this is helpful.

Right, you really can extend and customize MLO to your likes if you want. Personally, I tend to avoid working "against the system" (by e.g. abusing tags or context as priorities in a system that already has priorities), or customizing and tuning systems too much.

-- Christoph

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/e10555fd-3bb9-d9a3-ee17-58e103707995%40gmail.com.